The North American Baptist Association of the Ghana Baptist Convention is a community of all Ghanaian Baptist Churches in the United States and Canada. Recognizing our unity under the Lordship of Christ and our common mission received from Him, we declare and establish this constitution to preserve and secure the principles of our faith and to govern this body in an orderly manner consistent with the generally accepted tenets of the churches and associations of the Ghana Baptist Convention.
The name of this body shall be the North American Baptist Association of the Ghana Baptist Convention, Inc. (hereafter referred to as the Association)
This Association seeks to plant and grow cooperative, Christ-centered, mission-minded churches in North America and beyond
To unite Ghanaian Baptist churches in North America to plant churches in North America and beyond; to provide a forum for worship, fellowship, and deliberations on the work of the Association.
- The Bible is our basis for faith and practice.
- Our desire is to be obedient to Christ in every action that we take as an Association, and we come to that obedience through prayer. We will bathe every decision we make in prayer, and will not consider an action without “effectual, fervent prayer.”
- We will have a passion for evangelism and ministry. We will find where God is at work and join Him with excitement and energy and faith, expecting God to do great things. We will seek to plant healthy churches and continue to strengthen existing churches.
- We will have a servant heart in our interactions with each other and will actively seek ways to cooperate in order to accomplish the ministry goals of our Association. Even though we are independent, autonomous churches, we will choose to see ourselves as partners so that our collective gifts and strengths can be used in the service of Christ in ministry to North America, Ghana, and other parts of the world.
- Whatever we do, we will do with excellence. We will constantly be reminded of the sacrificial effort required by many just to come to an event, and we will make the extra effort to plan, present and implement to the best of our ability. We will be innovative in our thinking and in our methodology while being consistent with the central message of Scripture. We will constantly look for ways to do things better and more efficiently, being good stewards of our resources.
- Membership shall be extended to all churches that share the vision and mission of this Association and are committed to cooperate and participate in and contribute financially to the programs and activities of the Association.
- New members shall be admitted into the Association at a regular general meeting after completing the necessary application form designed and approved by the Executive Committee for such purpose.
The North American Baptist Association of the Ghana Baptist Convention also voluntarily associates with other associations, alliances, and conventions of like faith; The Association may also cooperate with and support other Christian groups in areas of common concern and commitment.